Mentone Pool Area, Pavilion and Tennis Court Policies
The Mentone pool, pavilion and tennis court are for the use of Mentone owners and their tenants and guests. Access to these facilities is restricted by a fence and electronically operated gate. The gate can only be opened with an activated electronic key-fob device.
New residents may pick up a key-fob at the management company. You may also arrange to pick up a key-fob at the monthly meeting of the board of directors. Key-fobs are normally activated every two weeks, and will only open the gate after activation.
Each household will be issued one (1) key-fob at no charge and may purchase additional key-fobs at the cost of $25 each with a maximum of three (3) total per household. If you have a balance on your account that is ninety (90) days past due, you will be issued a deactivated key-fob. Once the account balance is paid in full your key-fob will be activated during the next bi-weekly reprogramming.
Please bring a valid photo ID with you when picking up your key fob. If you are not the owner of the home, a signed copy of the lease agreement or a signed written notice must be provided to the management company by the owner of record, stating the name and address of the person who will be picking up the key fob.
Key-fobs must be turned in to the management company when you move out of the neighborhood. Any key-fob not turned in will be deactivated.
Key-fobs will only open the gate during posted pool hours. Anyone in the pool / pavilion area outside of these hours will be considered trespassers and will be treated as such by the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.
Key-fobs will be deactivated for the following reasons
- there is a balance on a homeowners account that is ninety (90) days past due
- a key-fob is reported lost or stolen
- a key-fob holder moves out of the neighborhood without turning in the key-fob to the management company
- Please do not use your key-fob to open the gate for someone who cannot gain entry using their key-fob or who does not have a key-fob. If someone cannot access the pool/pavilion area, chances are they are not authorized to be there.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the management company.
If you intend to hold an event – for example, a birthday party – in the pavilion or pool area, you must submit a Pavilion / Pool Event Request Form to the management company at least two weeks prior to event. Please remember that by reserving the pavilion you are accepting responsibility for the conduct of your guests. You are also responsible for cleaning the area prior to leaving. This includes removing decorations, picking up all trash and putting it into the trash cans, and cleaning up any food debris. Please wipe the picnic tables and benches, sweep up and dispose of any food items and, if needed, use the hose stored near the pool pump to hose down the pavilion floor.
- For Mentone residents use.
- Guests must be accompanied by a resident.
- Life guard not on duty, use pool at own risk.
- Shower before entering pool.
- No animals in pool or on pool deck.
- No food or drink in pool or on pool deck.
- Pool and tennis court hours – 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Lap swimming only from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- No night swimming.
- No running or rough play.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The bathing load is 38 persons maximum.
- No diapers in pool – infants must be potty trained.
- Proper swim wear must be worn in pool, including swim diapers for young children and infants.
- No bicycles, rollerblading or skateboards in pool area.
- No smoking allowed in pool area.
- Swim lessons are not allowed. Please contact us for additional information.
Failure to abide by the pool and pavilion policies
may result in the deactivation of your key fob
Interested in learning more about our community? Get in touch with a member of our team today!